Healthy vegetable cutlets with herbs
A good, easy to prepare meal with vegetables for a healthy diet or as a novel, indian-inspired meal and flavourful choice. For more inspiration, look on some other healthy recipes.
|60 g||Canned chickpeas|
|60 g||Canned cannellini beans|
|50 g||Canned green peas|
|30 g||Green chilies|
|3 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|15 tbsp||Bread crumble|
|15 tbsp||Rice flour|
|2 tbsp||Green coriander chopped leaves|
|¾ tbsp||Ginger paste|
|to taste||Garam masala, Cumin, Salt, Pepper|
- Steam together the diced carrots and potatoes until they are soft cooked, but not mushy.
- Drain the excess water from the vegetables and the canned beans. Mash them well with one beaten egg.
- Add coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger paste, garam masala, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything together with the breadcrumbs and rice flour.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix everything well.
- Form the cutlets so that they are all of similar size and thickness. You can use a manual forming tool to make sure the cutlets keep their shape. Place the them on a plate covered with breadcrumbs, to avoid them sticking to the plate.
- Beat the second egg.
- Dip each patty, place it over a plate covered in breadcrumbs, then make sure the patty is covered in breadcrumbs on all sides. Leave it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven on grill at 250 degrees.
- Cook the patties on baking paper covered with sesame oil. When they are golden, flip them over to the other side and cook them until they are golden as well. It is a better option to cook them in the oven on the grill function, instead of frying them in a pan.
Serve with green chutney or green mint and coriander raita and a green salad for a tasty, Indian inspired flavorful lunch.
No related posts.